Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad Requires Faculties
Institution Name: Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
Institution Profile: The decade following independence in 1947 was witness to a surge of innovative ideas to build a fledgling independent nation into a model democratic state committed to growth with equity. The establishment of the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA) was the outcome of one such innovative initiative.
The main KRAs would be to
- act as an information aggregator for the Centre from the gold industry
- help faculty in providing the logistic support required for research
- organise events to disseminate the research
- raise the profile of IGPC in India and Globally Should have an academic bent of mind
- Act as an effective link (through information exchange, meetings,conferences, etc.) between the following constituencies: academia,policymakers, gold producers, gold product manufacturers and distributors, gold consumers, IIMA Alumni, IIMA Students;
- Have an impact on practice and policy (through dissemination of papers,cases, conferences, etc.)
- Lead and build the IGPC team
- Coordination with World Gold Council
- Interaction with Indian gold industry
- Should not be identified with one of the many “groups” that this industry has
Post graduate in any discipline (preferably an MBA) with minimum 10 years of professional experience
The Executive Assistant (Web) will
- Assist Manager-Alumni Relations & Alumni office Officials.
- Assist/Support Alumni regarding Alumni Website-data related queries.
- Do maintenance, administration and updating of Alumni website. E.g. uploading content & executing update requests.
- Be responsible for Uploading/Authenticating/ Approving New records at Alumni website, and for the same preparing, processing & formatting data.
- Follow up with different agencies for tuning & bug-fixing of the Alumni website.
- Perform database DML Operations.
- Execute Batch wise & Chapter wise record/data updation exercises.
- Execute record updation drive for all participating reunion batches during reunions
- Create, configure different web based modules.
- Be responsible for coordination between IIMA Officials, IIMA Alumni and website vendor for smooth functioning of the Alumni website.
- Tri-annually process Alumni data into different categories and then generate & print Labels for Alumnus Magazine.
- Execute bulk mail jobs for Alumni department.
- Extract category wise different datasets and prepare respective reports on request of different departments
- look after LinkedIn User management/ approval at Official IIMA LinkedIn Group.
Qualification & Experience:
- Graduation with minimum 10 years of experience in the field of IT/Computer/web.
- Website development & maintenance knowledge preferred.
- Happy to help personality.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills.
The Job: To assist the faculty of the Institute in their teaching, research and work as an administrative interface with different facility providers of the Institute. (Major areas of the Institute are: Business Policy, Centre for Management in Agriculture, Communication, Information Systems, Economics, Finance & Accounting, Marketing, Organizational Behaviour, Human Resource Management, Production & Quantitative Methods, Public Systems Group, Ravi J. Mathai Centre for Educational Innovation etc.)
Selected candidates needs to undertake the following tasks assigned by their respective faculty members:
- To work with faculty members as may be assigned by the Area Chair.
- To assist faculty members in seven to eight courses per year. The assistance would involve the following: a. Attending class’s b. Correction/grading of answer sheets/quizzes/projects/assignments and conducting remedial sessions, if required. c. Design and delivery in any of the Institutional programmes, such as preparation/revision of course outline, reading list, class handouts, simulations, presentation slides etc
- To mandatory participate in all briefings, discussions and training organized by instructor(s), academic officers, programme chairpersons, Dean, AADEC, Area Chair.
- To conduct attendance marking and tabulation, class participation marking and tabulation, setting up necessary teaching aids as instructed, tracking progress in class projects, assignments etc.
- To provide tutorial support including remedial classes, to students as instructed by faculty member. Co-ordination with Academic Offices like PGP, PGP-FABM, PGPX, ePGP, FPM, EEP, FDP and other support offices.
- Compulsorily participate in invigilation duties and attend pre-examination briefing and post examination debriefing by faculty.
- To report instances of students’ behavior that violates Institutes code of conduct. They should familiarize themselves with the programme manual.
- To assist faculty in their research, case writing, teaching note/exercise development and paper writing.
- To learn such tools, techniques and software applications required for conducting high quality research and apply the same as required by faculty member(s).
- To initiate research and case writing projects under the guidance of faculty member(s).
- To coordinate with R & P Office, Case Unit etc. for matters related dissemination of research output, registration of cases/teaching notes /exercise etc.
PGP: Post-Graduate Programme in Management, FPM: Fellow Programme in Management. PGP-FABM: Post Graduate Programme in Food and Agri-Business Management. PGPX: Post-Graduate Programme in Management for Executives. ePGP: “eMode” Post-Graduate Programme in Management. EEP: Executive Education Programme FDP: Faculty Development Programme. AADEC: Academic Associate Development and Evaluation Committee.
Qualifications: First class post graduate degree (2 years) in any discipline with minimum experience of 2 (two) years in the area like Business Policy, Management in Agriculture, Communication, Information Systems, Economics, Finance & Accounting, Marketing, Organizational Behaviour, Human Resource Management, Production & Quantitative Methods, Public Systems and Educational Innovation. The candidates having other qualifications like ACA, AICWA, Ph.D./B.Tech./MBBS with relevant experience in the above areas will also be eligible.
Website: Click Here
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
Vastrapur, Ahmedabad 380015